Crystal Apple Award (2022-2023)
Nominees must be certificated employees who have demonstrated a commitment to excellence in education. Nominees must be professional, classroom teachers or teams of teachers currently teaching. Teams of no more than 4 teachers may be nominated. Nominations should reflect the following:
- The nominee's primary focus is the student.
- Enthusiasm and versatility in dealing with the individual needs of students and the ability to reach students in ways that contribute to their increased knowledge, talents, and self-esteem.
- Creative use of resources and curriculum.
- Special attention is given to preparation and development of a constructive learning environment.
- Outstanding peer relationships (is a team builder).
- The ability to develop parental support and respect.
- The ability to inspire students to appreciate and seek learning in order to attain their maximum potential in life.
- Knowledge of subject: Nominees must demonstrate dedication to professional growth; have a thorough knowledge of their subject matter, the ability to share that knowledge effectively with students; and a willingness to share their expertise with other education professionals. Please cite original materials and/or curricula developed, publications or innovative instructional methods, or other contributions to classroom instruction.