Crystal Apple Award (2022-2023)
The program was established to honor the education profession as a whole by identifying teachers who have a positive impact on the lives and futures of their students. Now is the time to begin nominating! Anyone can nominate including teacher colleagues, PSE staff, students, parents, administrators, etc... Please see the attached official nomination form for entry details. All entries are due by 4:30 PM on Monday, November 28, 2022 to Nakia McCarley at the District Office.
Nominees must be certificated employees who have demonstrated a commitment to excellence in education. Nominees must be professional, classroom teachers or teams of teachers currently teaching. Teams of no more than 4 teachers may be nominated. Nominations should reflect the following:
- The nominee's primary focus is the student.
- Enthusiasm and versatility in dealing with the individual needs of students and the ability to reach students in ways that contribute to their increased knowledge, talents, and self-esteem.
- Creative use of resources and curriculum.
- Special attention is given to preparation and development of a constructive learning environment.
- Outstanding peer relationships (is a team builder).
- The ability to develop parental support and respect.
- The ability to inspire students to appreciate and seek learning in order to attain their maximum potential in life.
- Knowledge of subject: Nominees must demonstrate dedication to professional growth; have a thorough knowledge of their subject matter, the ability to share that knowledge effectively with students; and a willingness to share their expertise with other education professionals. Please cite original materials and/or curricula developed, publications or innovative instructional methods, or other contributions to classroom instruction.