Columbia Elementary School-
We are so fortunate to have such great community support! Last Monday, McTeacher’s night at McDonald’s, our school raised over $1,400 for our library! In speaking to the manager, our school doubled what schools twice our size bring in during the two-hour event. Once again, thank you Burbank for your outstanding support!
· This week, Pre-School will continue to discuss roads and who builds them, and after this hard winter, who repairs them. Additionally the students will be learning about the letter ‘K’!
· Kindergarten is taking a field trip this Friday to our local library. Additionally, the students will be working on the following sight words…they, good and are.
· This morning during collaboration, First Grade is preparing the STAR assessment in reading and math, and also working on data collection and graphing in math!
· Second Grade will continue working with the Changes unit in Science and are preparing end of the quarter assessments in nearly all the subjects!
· This week, Third Grade will be working on a mini vocabulary book and totem pole for Social Studies and are planning and building a rough concept of salamander tunnels in Science.
· Fourth Grade will be doing Market Day this Friday…always very exciting. In Science, the students will be constructing a working hand held fan.
· And finally our Fifth Grade discussed the Google Documents platform and started scheduling Spring Conferences
Columbia Middle School-
Report Coming Soon!
Columbia High School-
- High School and Beyond plans for students, particularly those represented presently in special categories like English Language Learners and Special Services
- Creating follow up vocabulary work for students who have not met standard on content area vocabulary.
- Protocols for senior projects and presentations.
- Career Technical Education department precision exams covering all sections of the business applications department.
- Planning lesson unit covering plant and greenhouse systems.