Columbia Elementary School-
This morning, during collaboration, the majority of the time was spent on placing students in groups for next year. This part of the transition process is the first step in establishing classes for next year. The teachers spend a lot of time on this process and will further discuss it this Friday, during Transition Day. Please remember that there is no school for students on Friday, May 17, 2019.
Columbia Middle School-
Today for collaboration the middle school staff met and discussed upcoming SBAC testing, transition day process and schedule, the community BBQ and finished off with talking about how to address students showing up to class unprepared.
Columbia High School-
For the 5/13 collaboration session at Columbia High School, the full staff met in the library and covered several issues that pertain to operations. First up was the accreditation report that our visiting accreditation team prepared after reviewing our school improvement plan, interviewing a team of staff, interviewing a group of parents and community members, and interviewing a panel of students. The main commendations they gave us included:
- Efforts to build supportive relationships within the school community to ensue student well-being, including the implementation of our SWAT program and Link Crew.
- The caring, supportive nature of our school staff, culture and climate.
- The dual-credit opportunities being provided for all students.
The group also gave two recommendations for the future:
- Use of professional learning protocols with staff.
- Additional professional development strategies for differentiated instruction as the result of our district's changing demographics.
Following this portion of our session, staff discussed the process for senior presentations this coming Friday, and reviewed judging materials. We then discussed some issues with social media, making all staff aware of the potential issues and how we may need to support students in making solid social media choices.